Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.
FIASCO is an award-winning, GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with six-sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust. It’s like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it’d take to watch one.
- Fiasco – Winner, 2011 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming
- Fiasco – Winner, Best Support, 2009 Indie RPG Awards
- Fiasco Companion – RPGgeek Golden Geek 2012 Best Supplement
- Fiasco – Judge’s Spotlight Award, 2009 ENnie Awards
- Fiasco – Finalist, RPG of the Year, boardgamegeek.com